Last updated: September 3, 2018
MindsUnited B.V. ("us", "we", or "our") offers a range of products and services, including Software as a Service offerings in the Cloud, publicly accessible websites and software that can be installed locally on servers, workstations and mobile devices. References to MindsUnited B.V. products in this statement include all our services, websites, apps, software and servers, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
This privacy statement informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Products and Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
We use your data to provide and improve our Products and Services. By using one of our Products and Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
MindsUnited B.V. complies with international data protection laws, with particular attention Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”)
Information and Data Collection
How we collect data
We collect several data from you, through your interactions with our Products and Services. Some of this information is provided by your directly by filling out forms, questionnaires or entering your details and other data is automatically collected through your interactions.
You are in control of the information you share with us, when you are asked to provide personal data, you will have the option to decline. Some of our Products and Services will have some minimum requirement of personal data to operate, if you choose not to provide data necessary to operate a Product, Service or specific feature, you will not be able to use that Product, Service or specific feature. Where we need to collect personal data by law or to set up a contract with you some personal information will be required to proceed.
MindsUnited B.V. will collect your data in these scenarios:
- You sign up for a trial of one of our Products or Services
- You order/purchase one of our Product or Service from us
- You participate in our survey or attend one of our seminars or webinars
- You subscribe to one of our newsletters
- You contact MindsUnited B.V. via phone or email
- You submit one of the forms on one of our websites or cloud portals
- You visit one of our websites or cloud portals
- You use one of our applications on your PC or mobile device
Types of Data Collected
While using our Products and Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include:
- Email address
- Unique identifier of your user account (Work, School or personal Microsoft Account)
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Business/private address
- Connected cloud products: when you connect a cloud product (like Dynamics 365 or PowerApps) for monitoring and management we store basic details about which one you connected, it’s URL, which user account consented for the connection, when they consented, the related user and system ids and numbers. Where it concerns an system or data integration we will also store an access or refresh token. Access/refresh tokens are always stored encrypted (see our Security page for more) and are never shared with third parties, the 'Sharing of Data' section does not apply to them.
- Bank account number and other payment details when making payments
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you use our Products or Services or when you access a Product or Service through a mobile device or start one of our applications ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include:
- IP address of the device you used to access our Products or Services
- Browser type and version
- Operating System type and version
- The pages and screens of our Products or Services that you visit
- The time and date of your visit and usage of our Products and Services, the time spent on each page or screen
- Anonymized diagnostic data
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Products and Services.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Products and Services.
Cookies we use:
- Functional Cookies: To keep you signed in to your account across multiple pages or screens and to remember your preferences and various settings
- Web Analytics: We use third party web analytics from multiple vendors to analyze the traffic and your visits to your websites. Please review their respective privacy policies:
- Google Analytics
- Application Insights
- Lead Forensics
- Google Analytics
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Legal Obligation: the processing is necessary for you and us to comply with the law
- Performance of a contract: the use of your information may be required to operate the Product or Service you requested from us
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, primarily in the interest of security and auditing
- Consent: we may rely on your consent to use your Personal Data for certain direct marketing purposes. Whenever we rely on your consent for processing your Personal Data, you are free to withdraw your consent at any time.
Use of Data
MindsUnited B.V. uses the collected data for these purposes:
- To operate and maintain the Products and Services you requested from us
- To notify you about changes to our Products and Services (this does not refer to marketing materials, newsletters, etc.)
- Processing orders, payments, invoices and verifying creditworthiness
- To provide customer care and support
- Allowing you to connect to external cloud products (like Dynamics 365) to manage and monitor them
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Complying with statutory obligations, including (i) provision of data to authorized authorities in the context of criminal investigations, (ii) complying with (applicable) data retention obligations, and (iii) the provision to third parties of Data concerning customers in connection with an infringement of these third parties’ rights
- Investigating and processing suspected violations of our Terms or Service, acceptable use policy or license violations
Sharing of Data
MindsUnited B.V. may share data about you with:
- The IT Channel Company B.V. and QBS Group B.V., these are affiliates of MindsUnited B.V. and provide tools and services (such as the ODIN order management/provisioning portal) that may be used to order or operate our Products and Services. Please review their respective privacy policies:
- The IT Channel Company
- QBS Group
- The IT Channel Company
- Credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies
- Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organizations
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organizations, courts or other public authorities to the extent required by law.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Netherlands and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Netherlands and/or the Republic or Ireland and process it there. We will not transfer your data outside of the European Union. We use Microsoft Azure as the foundation for all hosting of your Products and Services and are only the data centers within the EU. Please refer to the Microsoft Azure Trust center for more about this https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/trusted-cloud/
Retention of Data
MindsUnited B.V. will store your Personal Data only for the duration it is necessary to perform the purposes of processing as stated in this privacy statement; unless otherwise required by law. After your Personal Data is deemed to be unnecessary we will remove it from all systems within the next 90 days.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We observe adequate procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, Personal Data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the Personal Data. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the Personal Data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access Personal Data during their work.
All your data is stored in a secured environment in a Microsoft Azure data center inside of the European Union. For the security policies and access protection provided by Microsoft Azure please refer to the Microsoft Azure Trust Center https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/trusted-cloud/
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
None of our Products and Services are designed or intended to be used by any persons under age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Rights for your Data
In accordance with data protection laws, you have several rights regarding your Personal Data and the processing thereof:
- You may view and change any Personal Data we have collected, at any time
- You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your Personal Data (right to be forgotten).
- You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your situation, at any time to processing of your Personal Data.
- You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time by giving us notice. Upon receipt of a notice where your consent is withdrawn, we will without undue delay stop processing your Personal Data to the extent it is required under law. should you wish to withdraw your consent given under this privacy statement
If we implement a change in how we deal with Personal Data for which we require your consent, we will re-request your consent.
P: +31 20 888 0530
Asterweg 19D12 (unit 17)
1031 HL Amsterdam
Chamber of Commerce number (KvK): 59864001
P: +31 20 888 0530
Asterweg 19D12 (unit 17)
1031 HL Amsterdam
Registered with Chamber of Commerce (KvK) using number 59864001